Wednesday, July 17, 2024


 WE ALL HAVE A TALENT

By Peter Vuono

   Recently, I saw a an FB posting of a friend that's a stand up comedian. He said that he felt "intimidated" in front of more seasoned comedians who went on with him on the same bill. I too, had a similar experience about 25 years ago.

   My wife treated me to Penn and Teller in Boston. They were beyond sensational and immediately after the show closed, they both donned their winter coats and greeted and thanked every patron upon leaving. They exhibited, great talent, professionalism, humility and class. I went away happy until I next performed myself.

  Four days later I did a magic birthday party for some nice kids in Plainville. It was a small group who were very receptive. However, as I drove off I thought of Penn and Teller. I felt so small in comparison and sometimes I still do to this day. However, after my friend made his comment about his stand-up routine I thought about it intensely.

  I'll never be a Penn or Teller but that's not what's important. I believe that everyone has a talent and should do everything they can to exhibit it! With some it's cooking,

or sewing,

or chess,

or auto mechanics,

or martial arts,

or accounting,

or plumbing,

or music,

or helping and rescuing animals,

or any other multitude of skills. What IS important is that you and I have a talent of some sort and as long as we have it we should use it to make life more livable for friends, family and strangers. We are co-pilots working for God. Mother Teresa once said to, "Do little things with great love" and when I get that inferiority feeling about my time watching Penn and Teller, I think of what she said; AND SHE WAS RIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment